Thursday, March 18, 2010

Confessions of an Artist

I did not want to enter the New Year without making an entry in my art journal, but that is indeed what happened. I am not happy to say that I have been distracted from my passion to paint, although it is always on my mind, “on my mind” does not get brush to canvas.

What has occupied my time has been altered art, mixed media, and holiday/seasonal art (or crafts depending on who’s defining what I’ve made).

I love to make things. I love to gather materials. I love to “think out of the box” and push myself to make unique, one-of-a-kind pieces. I love to find things on the ground that I can use in something I’m working on. I have no pride, I will pickup just about anything that catches my eye.
So, just to let you know that I have not abandoned my art, only my blog, I am going to share some of the pieces that are complete or close to being finished.

No comments: